Email Marketing Case Study for a Services Business in Arizona. Learn how we generated hundreds of 5-star reviews for a services business via email marketing.
The Email Marketing Challenges:
- We had two un-engaged email lists
- The customer email list had 13K contacts and Leads email list had only 1,500 contacts.
- People on both the lists had not received an email in 10 months.
- There was no email automation set up in the place
- The client wanted immediate results.
- Based on the number of contacts in the customer email list, we decided to use that first.
- Now, these people had already used our client’s services, and most of the time, it is a one-time service. So these people couldn’t be repeat buyers.
- With this in mind, we decided to use the customer email list to get more reviews for our client on Google, Yelp, and Trustpilot.
- We created a Review Email Sequence and started sending it out in batches.
- We launched the Review Email Sequence to 5,000 contacts initially.
- Within the first 24 hours, we got 54 new, unsolicited, genuine reviews on Google alone!
- We bagged 19 reviews on Yelp and Trustpilot in the first 24 hours. Boom!
- The results didn’t slow down until the 3rd day, and we got over a hundred reviews in total with just one email
- Email open rate on the first email was 35% along with a CTR of 7.21%
- We didn’t stop there and had automation in place
- People who had opened the email but didn’t review were sent a follow-up email
- The contacts who had not opened the email at all were sent a separate email follow up.
- The email open rate on the 2nd email was 68.09% with 8.04% CTR.
- People who had opened the email clicked the links, and didn’t submit the review were followed up with a separate email
- By the end of our Review Email Sequence, we bagged 159 reviews in total on Google, Yelp, and Trustpilot.