Email Marketing Case Study for a Services Business in Arizona. Learn how we generated hundreds of 5-star reviews for a services business via email marketing.
The Email Marketing Challenges:
- We had two un-engaged email lists
- The customer email list had 13K contacts and Leads email list had only 1,500 contacts.
- People on both the lists had not received an email in 10 months.
- There was no email automation set up in the place
- The client wanted immediate results.
- Based on the number of contacts in the customer email list, we decided to use that first.
- Now, these people had already used our client’s services, and most of the time, it is a one-time service. So these people couldn’t be repeat buyers
With this in mind, we decided to use the customer email list to get more reviews for our client on Google, Yelp, and Trustpilot.
- We created a Review Email Sequence and started sending it out in batches.
We launched the Review Email Sequence to 5,000 contacts initially.
- Within the first 24 hours, we got 54 new, unsolicited, genuine reviews on Google alone!
- We bagged 19 reviews on Yelp and Trustpilot in the first 24 hours. Boom!
- The results didn’t slow down until the 3rd day, and we got over a hundred reviews in total with just one email
- Email open rate on the first email was 35% along with a CTR of 7.21%
- We didn’t stop there and had automation in place
- People who had opened the email but didn’t review were sent a follow-up email
- The contacts who had not opened the email at all were sent a separate email follow up.
- The email open rate on the 2nd email was 68.09% with 8.04% CTR.
- People who had opened the email clicked the links, and didn’t submit the review were followed up with a separate email
- By the end of our Review Email Sequence, we bagged 159 reviews in total on Google, Yelp, and Trustpilot.